Introduction to Groovy and Grails
Groovy is a dynamic scripting and programming language for the Java platform. It combines the dynamic features of modern scripting langauges such as Ruby and Python with familiar Java syntax. To quote one of the Groovy developers: Groovy is what Java would have been if it had been created in the 21st century. This course introduces the Java developer to the Groovy langauge. The course focuses on understanding the internals of how Groovy works in addition to understanding the Groovy language syntax. After taking this course developers will understand the Groovy syntax and be able to leverage existing Java classes within Groovy. This class combines lecture with a unifying, hands-on experience, and open discussion that will help the developer quickly understand the benefits of Groovy and how to use the language.
- Introduction and Overview
- Basic Groovy Syntax
- Flow Control
- Groovy Classes
- Regular Expressions
- Builders, Slurpers, and Configuration Techniques
This course is intended for experienced Java Developers.
Participants should already have a solid understanding of Java programming.
Upon completing the course, the student will:
- Write applications using Groovy.
- Understand how Groovy operates within the Java Virtual Machine.
- Incorporate existing Java classes and libraries within Groovy applications.
- Learn to add new methods and member variable to existing Java or Groovy classes dynamically.
- Understand the role of Closures within Groovy.
- Take advantage of Groovy’s simplified object configuration syntax.
- Learn how to override operators for Groovy or Java classes
- Understand the concept of Metaprogramming and how to leverage it to simplify application development.
- Explore Groovy’s Regular Expression syntax for easily managing String processing
- PC Workstation for use during training
- Student Manual
- CD including exercises, examples, and several open source software packages to allow the participant to develop Groovy applications outside of class.
No Reviews found for this course.