Introduction to Jakarta Struts
This course introduces the developer to the Struts architecture and provides the basis for planning, developing, and deploying Web based applications using the Struts framework. After taking this class, the developer will be able to quickly construct dynamic server-side web pages using the Struts framework and integrate the Web application with many of the other Java2 Enterprise Edition application server methodologies such as Enterprise Java Beans, JavaMail, and SOAP.This class combines lecture with a unifying, hands-on experience, and open discussion that will help the developer quickly understand the benefits of Struts and how to use the framework.
- Introduction and Overview
- The Model-View-Controller pattern
- Components of a Struts application
- Struts-specific plus web server configuration
- The Struts Development cycle
- Struts applications deployment
- Custom JSP libraries
- Using the Struts Validation Framework
- Templating Web Pages with Tiles
- Using Logic Tags within a Web Page
This course is intended for Systems Programmers, Application Developers, and Multi-tiered client/server developers.
Participants should already have a solid understanding of Java programming and understand the basics of XML. The course also assumes a basic understanding of HTML syntax and JavaServer Pages syntax. Understanding of Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) is also a plus.
Upon completing the course, the student will:
- Write web applications that take advantage of the Struts ActionServlet, Action, and ActionForm Java classes to control the user experience of the web application.
- Write Struts applications that gather and update information from external application servers such as EJBs, CORBA servers, and database servers.
- Create and use custom Tag Libraries in JavaServer Pages.
- Understand the basics of web security and learn to take advantage of the security features provided by the Web Server.
- Understand the use of pooled database connections within the Struts framework.
- Utilize XML and XSLT within the Struts framework to easily provide dynamic content for web applications.
- PC Workstation for use during training
- Student Manual
- CD including exercises, examples, and several open source software packages to allow the participant to develop Hibernate applications outside of class.
- JEE Server Side Enterprise Java Beans
- Advanced XML
- MySQL and SQL
No Reviews found for this course.