Java 8 Programming Essentials
This is an introductory-level Java programming course. It is designed to be comprehensive and skills-focused. It involves heavy hands-on programming that will not only cover the key OOPs principles of Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism but also advanced topics such as Generics, Lambda expressions, Streams, Concurrency, Annotations, I/O and Database accesses.
- The Java Platform and the JDK
- Creating Classes and Methods
- Java syntax and control constructs
- Working with Strings
- Fields, variables, and arrays
- Java Packages and Visibility
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Interfaces and Abstract Classes
- Utility Classes
- Enumerations and Static Imports
- The new Date/Time API
- Collections and Generics
- Introduction to Lambda Expressions
- Streams and Collectors
- Multithreading and Concurrent Java
- Java I/O
- Introduction to Annotations
- Java Data Access JDBC API
Programmers who need to learn Java Programming in order to design and develop serious applications in Java.
Experience with a modern programming language (i.e. COBOL, Fortran, Visual Basic or C) is necessary for this fast paced course. Object oriented experience is helpful, but not required.
Upon completing the course, the student will:
- Learn Java programming
- Build a basic Java application
- Use Java built-in data types, operators and control flow constructs
- Build code modules using Java classes
- Reuse code with inheritance and write an object-oriented application
- Use Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to rapidly prototype your application
- See Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) in action
- Understand the use of thread programming
- PC Workstation for use during training
- Student Manual
Java Programming Essentials
Java is a popular programming language. It is versatile and works on all computing platforms – Windows, MAC, Linux. In fact it is the language of choice for developing Android apps. It is the perfect choice as your first programming language.
This course is intended to enable students to hit the ground running with Core Java 8 development skills, right after the class ends. Students will be able to write applications using concepts learned in this class. It’s a great course to start your programming journey, whether you want to write Android apps, develop web apps, or simply learn the foundation skills of computer programming.
No Reviews found for this course.