Linux Sendmail Administration
Secure mail administration is essential to any company and requires a complete understanding on the part of the administrator to avoid problems in mail maintenance. This course teaches you how to implement and maintain a secure mail system using sendmail (a Mail Transport Agent). The course will cover the workings of sendmail and the associated utilities mail (a Mail user Agent) and procmail (a Mail Delivery Agent).
- Overview of how Email works
- How it works
- The Unix “mail” command – MUA
- Using “mail” to interact with “sendmail”
- Outlook Express – MUA
- Using “Outlook Express” to test “sendmail”
- Protocols used with Email
- Using “sendmail” interactively
- Testing “sendmail” from the command line.
- Essential “sendmail” files
- Files and their locations
- Configuring “sendmail”
- The M4 utility
- Using the sendmail.mc file
- Macros available with M4
- Database configurations
- Basic parts of the mail message
- Header, body, envelope
- Troubleshooting “sendmail”
- tools and techniques
- Securing “sendmail”
- system checks
- STARTTLS and SMTP AUTH
- SSL Library
This course is designed for administrators who are responsible for maintaining their corporate mail systems.
- U101 – Intro to Unix/Linux, or equivalent
- U301 Unix System Administration, or equivalent
Student will be able to implement and maintain a corporate mailing system based on the sendmail facility.
- PC Workstation for use during training
- Student Manual
- Textbook – “Sendmail” O’Reilly
No Reviews found for this course.