XML and Java Workshop
The explosive growth of the World Wide Web is redefining the existing paradigms of conducting business, communicating, and exchanging information. With the growth of the Web has come the obvious realization that HTML, the principle language of the Web, has reached the limits of its potential. While HTML is a good choice for marking up information for display purposes, we want to do more with the vast amount of information that is available. XML (Extensible Markup Language) is the technology of the future, capable of augmenting HTML with an ability to describe, capture, publish and process information content. This class will combine lecture with hands-on programming to facilitate your understanding of XML and its potential uses. This course will explain in detail the XML standard, will show many practical examples of using XML including XSL and XLL, and will give an overview of E-commerce applications of XML.
- Limitations of HTML and the need for XML
- Introduction to XML and its relationship with HTML and SGML
- Key XML concepts: DTDs, Schemas, tags, attributes, designing and using XML data, and building client-side and server-side XML applications
- XML-related standards: XSL (Extensible Style Sheets), XSLT (XSL Transformations) XPath, and XML linking – XLink and Xpointer
- XML-based applications, standards, toolkits and products
Students will learn how XML can be used to ease data conversion and transmission within their organization and among organizations.
Upon completing the course, the student will:
- Understand the XML standard and new developments in XML-related technologies
- Get ready to ride the new wave of emerging technologies
- How to design, create and use XML data files
- Use two different XML parsers APIs: SAX and DOM
- Create extended links using XML linking constructs
- Use a CSS style sheet to transform XML data
- Transform XML data using XSL style sheets
- Develop Java servlets that process XML data
- Use XML toolkits to build XML applications
- Process XML data in a web browser using XSL style sheet
- PC Workstation for use during training
- Student Manual
No Reviews found for this course.